New product development (NPD) rewards you with an advantage when you introduce a new product or service to market or introduce an existing product to a new target market. Bossard helps you get the jump on your competitors with two offerings: Expert Design and Expert Assortment Analysis.
Bossard’s fastener know-how ranges from assembly methods to technical resources based on over 180 years of firsthand experience. Though these components may seem to have minor functions, they require demanding specifications. Our Expert Design can deliver the best product for your application and grant the following benefits.
- Better in-place cost when you choose the right fastening solutions.
- Lower production cost due to faster assembly processes.
- Lower life-cycle cost by using a fastener of the right quality.
To achieve these goals, Expert Design provides a wide array of tools and knowledge:
- Fastening Joint Design. Because we understand how the behavior and materials of your fastener can affect safety, lifespan, and costs, we can help you design a joint that meets your stringent requirements.
- Calculation of Bolted Joint. By using advanced software for optimizing bolt connections, we rely on systematic steps to calculate bolted joints and create a design that makes full use of the bolt’s load-bearing capacity.
- Joint Failure Analysis. A joint can fail because of the wrong design, incorrect preload, or wrong fastener. Analyzing the failed joint can determine the cause and eliminate it by implementing the right measures.
- Online Calculators and Converters for fasteners that can be used by anyone involved in developing and assembling the bolted joints.
- CAD Online Portal that supports your product design with static and animated 2D and 3D views.
- Technical Information that includes standards, mechanical properties, tables, tolerances, and more.
Expert Assortment Analysis
Only 15 percent of the cost of using a fastener comes from the fastener itself. The other 85 percent covers logistics, procurement, assembly prep, and other activities. By reducing the number of different fasteners required in one product, you can streamline the Bill of Materials (BOM). Our Expert Assortment Analysis achieves this to provide the following benefits:
- Eliminate unnecessary elements by looking for similar products that encourage substitution and make your production leaner.
- Reduce the complexity of purchasing, storage, and assembly by defining the assortment you can pick from.
- Increase productivity.
At Bossard, we offer different service packages:
- BOM Analysis looks at your entire production line, especially the assembly technology that includes fastening elements, tooling, and assembly processes. Value Analysis estimates cost savings based on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Advanced includes basic services plus the following verifications. Technical Verification develops proposals for new and proven solutions and delivers a technical report that details possible technical improvements. Presentation of Proposals reveals the results in a presentation that includes a report and physical samples,
- Superior includes basic and advanced services plus implementation. During onsite or off-site implementations, we lead the R&D engineering team, set up the project team, and arrange the stacks.
Learn How to Design Your Best Product with Bossard Expert DesignHow to Outsmart Your Competitors in New Product Development by Bossard