Change is always a constant, whether it be in your ordinary life or when it comes to your business processes. Previous industrial revolutions dating as far back as the 1700s laid the foundations for change. Each revolution throughout the ages brought about remarkable changes in manufacturing and production. The latest revolution, also known as the Fourth Industrial Revolution or Industry 4.0, brings with it a vast array of technological innovations aimed at making the Smart Factory possible.
With innovative technologies like advanced robots, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, the Internet of Things (IoT), and 3D printing emerging to transform the industrial space, it’s no wonder that many companies are preparing for a digitalized future. Digitalization and digital transformation allow manufacturing to harness and integrate the latest innovations and realize impressive gains in productivity and overall growth. However, many companies lack a clear path towards digitalization.
You don’t need expensive robots or high-tech machines to take advantage of Industry 4.0. The following steps can help prepare your factory for the upcoming future and put your company in a better position to improve and achieve more.
- Become familiar with Industry 4.0 and non-robotic digitalization.
- View digitalization as an opportunity, not a threat.
- Define your strategic goals.
- Be willing to test new ideas and stay flexible.
- Make a plan for retraining your current employees and recruiting new ones.
- Focus on value creation and keep customers in mind every step of the way.
- Recruit experts to help you come up with a plan that is tailored to your specific needs.
Change is difficult, but it’s necessary if you want to remain agile in an ever-changing and highly competitive environment. The experts at Bossard can guide you towards achieving your Industry 4.0 goals. Email us at ProvenProductivity@bossard.com to learn more.