Improving efficiency and reducing costs are two focuses of any industry or any business and mass transit is certainly not an exception. The rail industry is always looking at embracing new materials and new production techniques to improve their processes. bigHead® is a fastening solution that will help do just that.
FRP Materials and the Rail Industry
One of these new materials that has become popular recently in the rail industry is the use of fiber-reinforced polymer composite (FRP) materials. The FRP materials help to create lightweight but high-strength structures, and they are also good for design flexibility.
bigHead® Fastening Solutions
However, to use these materials successfully, you need a fastener that is safe, secure and discrete. This is where bigHead® comes in. Fastening solutions from bigHead® offer you advantages over many other fasteners. Check out the reasons to look into bigHead® below:
- bigHead® fits your project perfectly – You can receive a wide range of standard or customized product solutions, which means bigHead® will be a perfect fit.
- bigHead® can save you time – With bigHead® you can fasten without drilling, which offers you many advantages. You will save time by not drilling, and you will also preserve your materials and keep them strong because you don’t have to create holes in your materials. You can use bigHeads to complete and assemble pods into the vehicle structure. Also, bigHeads can be used on the inside of your pods and structures to fix internal panels, flooring, signage and even trim into place.
- bigHead® can reduce your assembly costs – When you use bigHead® fasteners, they can be embedded in composite materials during the lay-up process or they can be surface bonded with adhesive. This means you don’t need a secondary assembly process which can reduce your manufacturing costs.
Every company and industry is looking for innovative ways to make their products and services more successful. At Bossard, with our bigHead® fastening solutions, we are providing the solutions to make your products more successful. You can save time and money with bigHead®, and you can rest assured that these solutions work.
If you have any questions, contact us at ProvenProductivity@bossard.com.
Fastening Solutions for Automotive Applications: bigHead Bonding Fasteners
When looking into a fastener, ultimately, you want one that is reliable, secure and it is efficient with your time. Solutions like bigHead have been developed to ensure you have a reliable fastener, even if it the situation isn’t as straightforward. Recently, there have been some changes in how the automotive industry has been building vehicles. These changes require better fastening solutions.
Changes in Building in the Automotive Industry
Like every industry, the automotive industry is always trying to improve the way they do things. For a while now, performance cars have used lightweight composite materials to improve performance in those vehicles.
Now, however, many high-end and luxury car manufacturers are looking to use those lighter materials as well. These luxury manufacturers want to reduce CO2 emissions, improve fuel efficiency and improve safety features. Decreasing the weight of these vehicles through composite materials will help achieve these ends.
To make this material change would mean to change production and assembly procedures. The only potential problem with this change is automakers finding the right fasteners to work with these composite materials, and a fastener that can keep up with quick assembly procedures. This is where bigHead comes in; these fasteners were designed to as a quick and easy solution for tough fastening applications.
Fastening Solutions like bigHead
bigHead has developed new production techniques to fit specifically with the changes in the automotive industry’s needs. The following are advantages of bigHead for the automotive industry.
- bigHead fasteners can be securely and reliably bonded to CFRP panels with no special curing conditions.
- Bonding times can be as little as 6 seconds or 15 seconds.
- The results are completely invisible for the A-side panel with no holes or shadowing.
- The bigHeads perforated head design allows adhesive to flow through the holes and firmly lock the fastener with high load distribution and excellent stability.
- bigHead can be a highly precise application that doesn’t have to compromise the panel form or structural design.
These fastening solutions were created with automotive applications in mind. The needs of the automotive industry and automotive applications have been anticipated and bigHead provides the solutions. If you have questions about bigHead fastening solutions, reach out to us at ProvenProductivity@bossard.com.
February 24, 2017
More than ever, big things are happening at Bossard North America. Recently signing a three year, $140 million contract with Tesla Motors Inc., the market leading organization in screws and fastening technology is growing once again. (more…)