Safety stands out as a concern whether you’re working with any kind of commercial container or industrial equipment. When you lift the hinged lift off a compartment, you can’t risk it dropping down on your hands or head. Southco’s CounterBalance Modular Torsion Spring System addresses this issue when it assists in lifting force with positional stability. You still get the full range of motion during opening and closing, which makes operations safer and more reliable.
The CounterBalance Hinge minimizes the effort needed to raise and lower lids, doors, covers, and electromechanical equipment, and to keep them supported. It consists of the following components:
- Cam Assembly controls the motion of the lid or door by managing how spring energy is released.
- Counterbalance Torque Engine consists of the Cam Follower Arm that transfers the spring energy from the torsion rods to the cam assembly and the Internal Torsion Toads that twist to specific angles to counteract the weight of the lid or door.
- Internal Torsion Rods twist (pre-load) to specific angles, counteracting the weight of the lid or door.
- Anchor Mount joins the torque engine to the base of the unit.
When the lid or door moves, these parts work together to neutralize the weight of the lid by managing mechanical energy from the torsion spring and cams. You gain precise control as the spring technology counteracts downward force.
The Counterbalance Hinge is often used in the following applications:
- Lab equipment
- Architectural doors and panels
- Cooking and food processing equipment
- Military and armored vehicles
- Gaming machines and kiosks
It enhances your work tasks by reducing lifting effort to almost nothing and can repeat its process up to 100,000 cycles. This technology is virtually maintenance-free because it requires no power source and resists temperatures from -37–107°C (-98-224°F).
Need more information about Southco Counterbalance Hinges? Contact us today at ProvenProductivity@bossard.com.