The ProSert XTN20 has proven itself as a capable blind rivet nut tool because of its light weight, high speed, good ergonomics, long endurance, and flexibility in pull-to-stroke and pull-to-force modes. These factors add up to higher productivity and low installation cost for each fastener.
The tool includes multiple high-strength installation mandrels that install quickly and easily as explained by these steps in the following video.
- First, use a spanner wrench of the correct size to release the torque on both the lock nut and nose casing. You can then manually loosen and remove both the nose piece and the nose casing to reveal the mandrel.
- To release the mandrel, pull the nose pin away from the chuck nut and set it in the L groove. You can then manually loosen and remove the chuck nut as well as the mandrel.
- You can then reverse the process to install a new mandrel with a different size, the nose casing, and the nose piece.
Finally, adjust one of the following elements, depending on how you are setting the rivet nut.
- Stroke distance. Slide open the red sleeve in the back of the tool and then use the pin-push tool to adjust the silver dial for the minimum and maximum stroke length.
- Pressure. Push the silver button by the red knob and then turn the knob clockwise to increase pressure or counterclockwise to decrease the pressure.
Need more information on how to use different tools to install specific fasteners? Then please contact Bossard today at ProvenProductivity@Bossard.com.