Home » Blog » How to Reduce Costs with Bossard Expert Assortment Analysis

How to Reduce Costs with Bossard Expert Assortment Analysis

It may be surprising to learn that only 15 percent of the total cost of a fastener comes from itself. The remaining 85 percent stems from other activities like procurement, logistics, and assembly prep. So, if you’re looking to reduce costs by examining your fasteners, you need to reduce the number of different ones that you use.

Helping you define what fasteners to rely on is the core of Expert Assortment Analysis. It assists you in determining head shapes, recess types, materials, property classes, platings, and dimensions. When utilizing this method, there are many advantages:

  • Cut unnecessary elements by looking for similarities and substituting when possible.
  • Reduce the complexities of purchasing, warehousing, and assembly by defining the fastener assortment from which you can pick.
  • Increase productivity, which improves profitability.

You can choose from three service packages:

  • Basic analyzes your entire production line to look at the assembly tech, such as fasteners, the assembly processes, and tooling. It then estimates cost savings based on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) principles and presents proposals on what you can do.
  • Advanced includes Basic services but adds Technical Verification to verify that the proposed technical improvements will work with your processes. We also create a bill of fastener materials in drawings. These are all presented in a report to you that includes physical samples.
  • Superior builds on Basic and Advanced by developing an implementation plan. We create a project team and define priorities. We then support a Research and Development engineering team that implements the plan. Finally, we conduct training for your employees both at our facilities and at your location.

If you want to know more about how this service can improve your company’s bottom line, please contact Bossard today at ProvenProductivity@bossard.com. Expert Assortment Analysis is one of the many services we deliver, which can include Expert Education, Expert Teardown, and Expert Walk. We’re here to serve you.

How to Reduce Costs with Bossard Expert Assortment Analysis by
Share
Facebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedinmailFacebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedinmail
August 30, 2019

Comments are closed.