When you need to move supplies from a central storage location to an individual work cell, Bossard can help with Last Mile Management and autonomous mobile robots. This solution saves time with your material flow by relying on paperless and intuitive instructions, shorter paths, and full transparency when replenishing supplies.
How Last Mile Management Works
Bossard implements Last Mile Management with autonomous mobile robots as follows:
- The work cell demands materials either automatically or because someone makes a request using a mobile device or desktop system.
- ARIMS, which is Bossard’s inventory management software, receives the request and adds it to the digital picking list.
- Use the digital picking list to locate and pick the material at the warehouse, supermarket, or other central storage location.
- After placing the needed materials in an autonomous mobile robot, it receives a route plan to replenish the work cell. To complete the delivery of materials, the robot then goes to the work cell automatically using an optimized and paperless path, which saves time. Other than possibly moving materials to and from the robot, no human intervention is necessary.
Last Mile Management with autonomous mobile robots offers the following benefits:
- Fewer movements in internal logistics because of the optimized material flow.
- Real-time and transparent data on how much and what types of material usage at each work cell. Analysis of the data can occur at any time.
- Improved efficiency because of nearly instantaneous order placement and shorter deliveries that are semi-automated.
- The use of autonomous mobile robots can distribute the storage area and work cells anywhere that the robots can reach. This allows for flexibility when configuring assembly and work areas.
Want to know more about how Last Mile Management can improve your material flow with autonomous mobile robots? Please contact us at ProvenProductivity@bossard.com.Optimize Your Material Flow with Last Mile Management and Autonomous Mobile Robots by Bossard