Time to market, or TTM, defines the time it takes your offering to go from initial concept to finished product. Reducing TTM allows you to react more quickly to changes in the market, rewarding your business with an advantage over your competitors. You’ll have more time to generate revenue and profit.
Bossard accelerates your TTM through the Expert Design method of our Assembly Technology Expert services. From the start, we focus on recommending the best materials and optimizing assembly conditions. This leads to better in-place costs by choosing the right fastening design, lower production costs because of faster assembly, and lower life-cycle costs using fasteners with the right quality. The result is a permanent increase in the quality of your end products.
Our method consists of two parts.
- Design Consulting: By understanding the design of a joint and how it behaves, we can determine the cost, safety, and lifespan of any fastening solutions. We rely on high-performance software to design and optimize bolt connections that consider the bolt’s load-bearing capacity. We also analyze failed joints to reveal the cause of the actual failure. Some common causes are using the wrong fastener, incorrectly designing the joint, or having the wrong preload. We can then eliminate appropriate measures to eliminate the problem.
- Design Platform: We offer a wide range of tools and technical information developed from over 180 years of fastening expertise. You gain access to hidden secrets that you can integrate into your processes.
- Online Calculators and Converters for Fasteners, which are created for designers, engineers, technicians, and students involved in developing and assembling the bolted joint.
- T-Section, which contains technical data such as standards, tolerances, tables, and mechanical properties for fasteners.
- CAD Online Portal, an online portal for supporting your product design through animation and 2D and 3D views.
When you’re ready to accelerate your TTM, reach out to us ProvenProductivity@bossard.com to learn more.How to Accelerate Your Time to Market by Bossard