If you are in a situation where you cannot allow your fastener to be embedded, a surface bonding fastener is the way to go. There are many options for surface bonding fasteners created by bigHead®. This can be an effective and also discrete solution that will allow you to keep the structural integrity of your product.
How Surface Bonding with bigHead® Fasteners Works
Your bigHead® fasteners are discrete and strong. How do they work? They are surface bonded with a structural adhesive. This gives you the fastener where you need it, and it makes it completely invisible from the other side. You will have no rivets, drill holes or visible shadows from surface bonding the bigHead®.
This fastener is designed with a perforated head, so the glue can flow through the holes and lock it into position. There are a wide range of designs and sizes available as standard or custom made for specific applications.
Benefits of Surface Bonding with bigHead®
Benefits of surface bonding with bigHead® are numerous and include:
- Discreetness because the fastener will not be visible from the other side
- No holes in the material so you can keep the structural integrity
- No loosening or rattling of the fastener through vibration
- Optimal design because the fastener can be designed specifically for the application
- Easy to apply with no specialized tools required
- Optimal tensile and torsional loading, depending on the head design and adhesive used
There are a lot of reasons to choose surface bonding with bigHead®. This is a great fastening solution if you need something more discrete or if your project is working with composite materials. If you have questions about surface bonding or any other type of fastening solution, contact us at ProvenProductivity@bossard.com. Happy fastening!
Surface Bonding Solutions by bigHead® by Bossard